ATFX offers an excellent range of software products which can be accessed either on desktop PCs or through mobile devices. User friendly and intuitive, even beginners can easily get to grips with the basics of the interface. The customer support service is also good and is available 24/7 through a number of channels while the website is available in a multitude of languages to suit the needs of global clients. Although the range of assets is quite limited, there is a spread across currencies, commodities and indices.
Note: ATFX ceased trading in January 2021. If you want to trade with a trustworthy forex broker, check out our recommendations below. These firms have all been recently reviewed and excel in various departments.
Forex Brokers We Recommend
|$ 100||Check Website||Review|
Intro on ATFX
ATFX brings the market to a broader spectrum of clients by breaking down barriers to trading and adopting the use of a user-friendly platform. Thei expert customer support and localised services make it easier for even novices to grasp the intricacies of the financial markets and thanks to their free demo account, it’s simple for beginners to take their first steps into trading. As one of the top providers in Europe of trading services, ATFX offers both desktop and mobile device trading in a choice of financial instruments to suit all preferences.
Founded in 2014, ATFX was originally established to be a liquidity provider for institutional clients, however it eventually decided to branch into the retail marketplace. The company is operated and owned by ATFX Global Markets (CY) Ltd and is a fully licensed and regulated broker with authorisation from CySEC for clients complete peace of mind. Offering secure and segregated client accounts, this is certainly a very safe and reputable choice of broker.
ATFX offers around 50 assets to trade from across the categories of currencies, indices and commodities.
Currencies: 43 pairs including major, minor and exotic pairs
Precious metals: 2
Bonuses & VIP Programs
It appears that ATFX do not offer any forms of bonus or promotional deal for either newly registered or existing clients, and there does not appear to be any form of VIP program to suit the needs of higher level traders.
As expected from most of today’s binary options brokers, ATFX has recognised the need for clients to check their assets and to carry out their trades while they are on the go. They are aware that traders do not want to be tied to their laptop or PC and, with the knowledge that downloading and installing memory intensive software slows down transactions by causing problems with computer memory, ATFX therefore offer a web trading interface which is entirely internet based. This enables trade executions to be carried out more swiftly from anywhere worldwide and at any hour of the night or day using a tablet, iPad or Android smartphone as long as it has a functional internet connection. ATFX also offers its clients a mobile app which can be downloaded to either an iPhone or an Android device and which makes accessing client accounts on the go even easier and more convenient.
Deposits and Withdrawals
ATFX offers no shortage of payment options which will appeal to both those who prefer traditional options and those who like to use modern online methods.
- Credit Cards
- Debit Cards
- Bank wire transfer
- Neteller and Skrill are not yet available through this broker, although their website promises that they will both be available soon. Funds are credited straight to the client’s account when using credit or debit cards, although wire transfers could take several days to clear. All payment methods are very secure and are protected by encryption technology to protect clients’ personal and financial details from cybercrime and hacking.
There are several methods through which clients can contact the ATFX customer support centre. These include:
- Telephone helpline – there are 2 numbers available, one number, which is solely for closing or modifying positions is available 24 hours a day Monday to Friday. The other is the customer support number and it is available between 8 am and 6pm GMT +2 Monday to Friday
- 9 dedicated email addresses which direct clients to the most appropriate team including general information, support, new accounts, partnerships, back office, account opening, investment services, media relations and disputes
- Online chat function, although this does not have 24 hour availability
Clients can access customer support 24 hours a day, 5 days a week and the support is multilingual, including the following languages:
Extra Features and Resources
Although ATFX offers little in the way of any educational resources, it does offer clients free access to the Trading Central resources which include market analysis, financial commentary and technical analysis resources. Offering access to a range of technical strategies and indicators, this is great value for clients.
Overall, ATFX has quite a lot to offer its potential clients, however it is also important to bear in mind that there are several negative points too.
- A choice of cutting edge trading software that is very user friendly and is suitable for use by both experienced and novice traders
- 100% online web trading interface requiring no installations or downloads
- Mobile apps which can be downloaded for free for iPhone and Android devices
- Choice of customer service contact methods including instant live chat
- Multilingual support
- 24/5 customer service access
- Licensed, authorised and regulated broker
- Strong SSL encryption site wide
- Free demo accounts
- A choice of account types
- Free access to excellent additional resources
- Multilingual website
- There are no educational resources for new traders
- There are only around 50 assets available for trading
- There are no bonuses or promotions on offer
Is there a registration fee payable to this broker?
Clients do not need to pay any registration fee when they open a live trading account with this broker.
Will I need to install any software to my computer?
ATFX clients can choose between several different types of software to suit their own preferences and trading style. There is a downloadable version which can be installed on a PC or laptop for convenient and seamless access, however there is also a web based version which can be accessed from any internet enabled device without any need for memory intensive installations or downloads. For those who prefer to use their mobile devices, there is also an app which can be downloaded, although for those who would rather save on storage space, the web version of the site can be accessed through mobile devices too. Both the web based and downloadable versions of the site offer the same excellent features and functionality including complete market coverage, an easy to use interface, speedy trades and full charting capabilities.
Does ATFX offer a demo account?
ATFX gives its potential clients the option to open a free of charge demonstration account which is ideal for both brand new traders and those who are more experienced but who are looking for a no risks trading experience to practice and hone their skills in the financial market. New traders can learn the basics of trading in a risk free environment whilst more experienced traders are able to try out new techniques and strategies without risking their own money. A demo account also enables potential traders to try out the features of the site and to see how much they like the trading interface before opening a live account and making a financial commitment.
Is ATFX A Secure Broker?
Clients have no need for concerns when they choose ATFX as their preferred broker. Client accounts are kept in segregated accounts with reputable international banks and the broker is also fully regulated and licensed by CySEC which ensures that there is full recourse should there be a complaint or issue. The entire site is also fully protected by strong secure socket layer technology and the site remains in full compliance with the rules and regulations of the European Data Protection Act and the EEA. As this broker is regularly audited, complies with anti-money laundering regulations, and is also a member of the investor compensation fund clients can rest assured that they are selecting a broker that does everything possible to guarantee a safe and secure experience.