In our review of Markets.com, we explore a well-regulated forex broker with over a decade’s experience. By reading our expert advice, you’ll find out everything you need to know about trading with Markets.com, including what fees you’ll pay, what account types you can open, and what trading platforms you can use. You’ll also discover how this broker helps you to maximize your forex skills, without compromising financial security.
Markets.com offers you the chance to trade over 2,000 financial instruments, including forex pairs and CFDs. It also supports five different trading platforms and offers competitive spreads. Overall, the broker offers something for all types of traders from all over the world. Continue reading our Markets.com review to find out how it will suit you.
Visit Broker Now!
Markets.com General Information and Licensing
Our Markets.com review team found that this international forex broker with several branches. The company was established in 2008 and has since gained industry acclaim. Markets.com is also listed in the FTSE 250, which means that it must comply with the highest financial standards.
Depending on where in the world you are trading from, you’ll be protected by the following licenses:
- Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC)
- Financial Services Commission (FSC) from the BVI
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) from the UK
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC)
- Financial Sector Conduct Authority of South Africa (FSCA)
As our team of researchers has found during this Markets.com broker review, it’s not just these regulators that ensure that you’re getting the best service from the broker. Markets.com also employs various security measures to protect your funds. This includes:
- Client funds are held in segregated accounts with top-tier banks
- Fund compensation for EU clients (Up to 20,000 EUR when trading with the CySEC-regulated branch and up to 85,000 GBP for UK clients)
- Negative balance protection
- Electric verification framework for Australian clients
Markets.com Trading Instruments
At Markets.com, you can choose from a vast array of financial instruments. In total, we discovered over 2,200 different products during our review of Markets.com, including:
- 67 currency pairs
- 6 cryptocurrencies*
- 2023 stocks and shares
- 26 commodities
- 42 indices
- 59 ETFs
- 4 bonds
- 23 blends
This gives you multiple chances to diversify your portfolio. As the broker offers major, minor, and exotic currency pairs, you can trade in non-correlated markets to protect yourself in times of market uncertainty. The unique Blends CFDs allow you to use a single position to trade whole sectors, such as oil and gas.
*Availability subject to regulations.
Markets.com Trading Platforms
While trading any of the above-mentioned assets at Markets.com, you can use one of five trading platforms that are available on the website. As we have discovered in this Markets.com review, all of these platforms pack some incredible trading tools and features.
- Marketsx – Marketsx is an impressive proprietary platform. It allows you to incorporate lots of technical and fundamental indicators, advanced charting mechanisms, and even market news coverage.
- Marketsi – Marketsi is also a proprietary trading platform that supports stock investing. With this platform, you can invest in over 2,000 individual company shares using either a simple share dealing technique or an investment strategy builder.
- MetaTrader 4 – In addition to offering proprietary platform, Markets.com also lets you trade via MetaTrader. With MT4 at Markets.com, you can incorporate automated trading robots, use hedging, open micro-lots, and download third-party tools from the web.
- MetaTrader 5 – During our com broker review, we discovered that MetaTrader 5 offers similar benefits to MT4. It also boasts an economic calendar, multi-asset trading capabilities and faster execution speeds.
- Mobile app – Download the Markets.com mobile app on iOS or Android to trade all of the broker’s instruments on the go. As a smartphone version of Marketsx, you’ll benefit from the same tools and functionalities.
In most locations, you can only open one type of trading account with Markets.com. Luckily, our Markets.com reviewers found that this is perfect for both beginners and experienced traders, as the minimum deposit is just 250 USD.
With this account, you’ll benefit from competitive trading fees. Spreads on the EUR/USD pair go as low as 0.4 pips, although the average spread revolves around 0.55 pips. There are no other commissions to pay, and your maximum leverage amount will depend on which branch of the broker you’re trading with. Australian, South African and International clients can enjoy leverage of up to 1:300, whilst European and UK clients are offered leverage of up to 1:30 due to ESMA guidelines.
With that said, European and UK traders can open a professional account to enjoy increased leverage amounts. To be eligible for this account, you need to meet at least two of the following criteria:
- The size of your financial instrument portfolio, including cash deposits, exceeds €500,000
- You have at least a year’s experience in the financial sector in a professional position
- You have completed at least 10 sizable trades per quarter in the past year
Payment Methods at Markets.com
When it comes to funding your account at Markets.com, our reviewers think you will find the process both convenient and efficient. The broker offers you multiple depositing methods, including wire transfer, debit/credit cards, Neteller, Skrill, PayPal, Ideal, and Sofort.
The minimum deposit requirement for all of these methods is 250 USD, whereas the minimum withdrawal requirement is 100 USD for wire transfers, 10 USD for credit cards and PayPal, and 5 USD for Skrill/Neteller.
Do note that the availability of some payment methods will change, depending on which arm of Markets.com you’re trading with, yet the deposit and withdrawal conditions remain virtually the same.
Markets.com Customer Support
Markets.com manages to deliver excellent customer support service across the board. Regardless of which branch you’re dealing with, the support team will always provide you with prompt and helpful answers to your questions. You can contact the broker via:
- Phone call: +44 20 3805 4822 (International, available 24/5)
- Email form (available 24/5)
- Live chat
Besides these customer support methods, you can also browse an extensive FAQ section where you can find detailed answers to common problems and queries.
In conclusion, our Markets.com broker review proves that you cannot go wrong by choosing this STP broker as your service provider. It comes with top-notch safety features, as well as lucrative offerings, and allows you to maximize your trading potential in the market.
Risk warning: 73.9% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Markets.com a good broker?
Yes, our review of Markets.com found that this is a good broker to trade with. The broker boasts strong global regulation and complex fund protection mechanisms to keep your money safe. Markets.com also offers you the chance to trade over 2,000 instruments with low fees. Overall, this has led to the broker maintaining a great reputation from both clients and industry experts.
Is Markets.com licensed?
Yes, Markets.com has a complex set of licenses from the following five regulators; CySEC, FCA, ASIC, FSCA and FSC. On top of that, it also comes with three different fund protection mechanisms: negative balance protection, account segregation, and fund insurance. Additionally, the Australian branch offers an electronic verification measure.
How do I withdraw from Markets.com?
If you make a withdrawal request at Markets.com, your funds will be returned to you via the same payment method you used to deposit. Whilst all withdrawals are free of charge, there are some minimum amount limits which must be met. For instance, bank wire withdrawals have a minimum withdrawal amount of 100 USD, whilst you can withdraw anything over 10 USD via credit card. Skrill and Neteller withdrawals (not supported in the UK) have a minimum limit of 5 USD and PayPal withdrawals must be over 10 USD.
What fees does Markets.com charge?
At Markets.com you will only pay spreads and swaps on trades, as the broker does not charge commissions. Spreads are competitive, ranging from 0.4 pips to 2 pips across all instruments. When it comes to non-trading fees, both deposits and withdrawals are free, but you may be charged an inactivity fee of 10 USD per month if you fail to make regular trades.
What is the minimum deposit at Markets.com?
The minimum deposit requirement at Markets.com is just 250 USD or the equivalent in your chosen currency. This limit remains the same regardless of which arm of the broker you deal with. Our experts think this is an accessible and responsible limit for trading with leverage.